Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Count of Projects with Particular Issue Type

Level 4

Our creative team uses a Request Queue to receive their work. The Requests are then moved to their appropriate Projects in order to keep the Requests alongside other aspects of a Projects work. 

I am looking to pull a report which counts the Projects closed this year which feature one of these Requests.

Logic tells me I need a Project Report but this does not seem to allow me to isolate the relevant Issues. An Issue Report, however, does not allow me to have a count of the Projects. 

Is there a way to do this with text mode or otherwise? Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @thonewton,

To pull a Project report of only those Projects with a certain Request (aka Issue, aka OpTask) "beneath" them such as those you've manually moved from the (broader) Request Queue to the (specific), Project to which such Requests, I suggest you try the following EXISTS filter:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:categoryID=[TypeTheIDOfTheCategoryUsedOnlyOnTheIssueOfInterestHere]

The last line assumes that the Requests of interest have a unique custom form (aka Category) on them, so that by looking for its unique ID, only those projects that have at least such one (aka EXISTS) Request will be returned; but you can substitute and/or augment it as you see fit.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I think an issue report is still the way to go. You can filter in to pull only issues from the specific queue or queue topic, and if not all of your issues are converted to projects, you can also have a filter for resolving object is not blank (to only pull issues that were converted to projects). Add a column for resolving object to see the project it was converted to...

Is this what you're looking for?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

Using everything Madalyn said, I have a chart listing support topic count by agency in our instance:

ScreenShot 2023-12-20 at 10.40.57 am.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @thonewton,

To pull a Project report of only those Projects with a certain Request (aka Issue, aka OpTask) "beneath" them such as those you've manually moved from the (broader) Request Queue to the (specific), Project to which such Requests, I suggest you try the following EXISTS filter:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:categoryID=[TypeTheIDOfTheCategoryUsedOnlyOnTheIssueOfInterestHere]

The last line assumes that the Requests of interest have a unique custom form (aka Category) on them, so that by looking for its unique ID, only those projects that have at least such one (aka EXISTS) Request will be returned; but you can substitute and/or augment it as you see fit.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Could categoriesID be used in that last line of the Exists statement instead?

Just thinking if the Requests of interest contain more than one form and possibly that form isn't the first form on the issue since categoryID only looks at the first form.

Thanks @Heather_Kulbacki,

Yes, agreed; that would be an even better approach.

Regards,

Doug