Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Copy custom form and automatically copy custom fields?

Level 8

Hello,

is it somehow possible to copy a custom form and also its fields to prevent modifying the original form when changing field parameters in the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Lars

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes if you navigate to Setup > Custom Forms when you select a form you'll see the "Copy" button in the navigation. This allows you to make an exact copy of the form along with the fields and logic. It does not make a copy of the field but instead uses the existing field so any field edits will be reflected on all forms that use that field

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 12.52.55 PM.png

Employee

Hi Lars ( @lgaertner ),

If you need the fields to be cloned so you'd end up with two fields (this could be seen as a potentially dangerous direction in that you could end up with a ton of custom fields and your list could get a little out of control) we don't currently have functionality that does that except perhaps via Fusion/API.  As @MoniqueEvans notes, current functionality will use pre-existing fields when you copy a form.  I would suggest adding this as an idea and cross-referencing it here if you decide you'd like to get community support for some variation of this need and for our product teams to consider it OR look to a Fusion scenario to address this unique need.

Thanks,

Ewan

Level 8

The idea was, that we are creating some really long forms, which we want to copy and make slight modifications to some form field without affecting the original form(s).

So I do understand your point concerning the "tons of custom fields" but would at least like to have to possibility to decide if I do want to make a copy of the field in the moment I want to modify it and it is already used in other forms.