Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Converting Nested Task List Column to a count

Level 2

Hello,

I am looking to convert a nested task list that I created to show tasks that are in progress or new on a project report that shows non compliant programs.

displayname=Late Tasks
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
querysort=plannedCompletionDate
sortOrder=1
sortType=asc
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='NEW',CONCAT("NEW - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},'% - ',{plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{progressStatus}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='INP',CONCAT("IN PROGRESS - ",{name},' - ',{percentComplete},'% - ',{plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{progressStatus})))
valueformat=HTML

I am looking to have this list converted over to a count instead of a list. Here is what I have tried but it comes up empty:

displayname=Late Tasks
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
querysort=plannedCompletionDate
sortOrder=1
sortType=asc
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=COUNT({numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='NEW',{numberOfChildren}=0&&{status}='INP')
valueformat=HTML

Can someone help me with getting this count to work?

Thank you,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Counting functions are extremely limited in Workfront native reporting, and there is no way to do what you are trying to do in a view. 

I suggest reviewing the documented Calculated data expressions article to see what functions are available to use - you won't find "COUNT" in that list. 

The only way to generate counts (other than using the basic taskCount, opTaskCount, and openOpTaskCount fields which are tracked on project records) is to create a Task Report, group the tasks according to how they should be counted, then use the Summary tab of the report to see the count values. 

Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

are you able to cite the documentation where you found the ability to use COUNT? For example, I usually go to this link:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/calculated-custom-data/cal...

to get my commands. I don't find it on there, but I do wonder if maybe you stumbled on and started accidentally using fusion commands in wrong space?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Counting functions are extremely limited in Workfront native reporting, and there is no way to do what you are trying to do in a view. 

I suggest reviewing the documented Calculated data expressions article to see what functions are available to use - you won't find "COUNT" in that list. 

The only way to generate counts (other than using the basic taskCount, opTaskCount, and openOpTaskCount fields which are tracked on project records) is to create a Task Report, group the tasks according to how they should be counted, then use the Summary tab of the report to see the count values. 

Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf