Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tranforming information

Level 1

Hello,

My company uses workfront for our project management, but some of the details are pre-populated from a different software in text format. For the report I am working on, I will be needing to do the count of each item listed as resources so I can get a summary on how many of each resource is required. The issue I have right now is because this information is pre-populated from another software, the list of resources appears in text format (sometimes separated by commas, and sometimes separated by next line). Is there any way for me to automate the transformation of this information into variables and turn each of the items into their own columns/fields?

Thank you!

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Yes, but not in Workfront. 

The complexity of the transformation you need is beyond Workfront's built-in tools and can only be done via an ETL process using Fusion or other application via API. 

If you don't have easy access to Fusion or similar ETL tool to do this, I suggest reaching out to @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore to learn more about their Excel Updater tool, which I think could do this for you pretty easily. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf