Expand my Community achievements bar.

convertedOpTask

Level 3
Hi All I have been looking at improving one of our project reports to contain some additional information from the issue that was used to create the particular project. What I was hoping to be able to do is to show the date the issue ticket was closed. The reason for this is that if any of our projects are marked as "Dead" we cannot produce a report that shows the project completion date as this remains blank. So by using the closure date of the issue this would resolve the problem. Although I can produce this report as an issue report and relate it to the resolving project, I was hoping that this would work the other way. The only things I can see that I can get from using convertedOpTask are: convertedOpTaskName convertedOpTaskEntryDate convertedOpTaskOriginator:name Is it possible to get anything else other than those listed above? Thanks Jonathan Thain BT Group
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jonathan - I was doing some testing and it looks like you want this on a project report for valuefield convertedOpTask:actualCompletionDate Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
Hi Anthony That's great, just what I wanted. I was trying: convertedOpTaskactualCompletionDate but this was not working...... Can I ask why it is that the ":" is required in this use case but not say for the convertedOpTaskEntryDate ? Logically I was trying to follow the format of the examples I provided. I couldn't see anything in the API Explorer either for this? So I'm just interested really (besides being glad this works) in how these vary in construction? Thanks again Jonathan Thain BT Group

Level 10
Actually, I thought you were lying about convertedOpTaskEntryDate so I tested it and was shocked it worked. convertedOpTask is an object so I was 100% sure you had to have the colon. But apparently not for some things. HAHAHA! Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
In case you're curious, Anthony and Jonathan... I've observed that Workfront's data model (and API) sometimes pulls useful information directly onto a particular record (or "object", if you prefer that concept), meaning you can refer to it without a comma, since it's "on" the record (object), where others need to be "hopped to" via the data model, which is where the colon comes in -- that's the indicator that you're now retrieving information that resides on the other related record (object). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3
Thanks for this Doug, that is what was confusing me that there was a particular object for EntryDate!! But that makes sense now if that is the case for certain objects. Thanks again Jonathan Thain BT Group

Level 10
Agreed: it can be a bit confusing, Jonathan. Recapping this conversation and elaborating, for those still trying to get it straight in their own minds: convertedOpTaskEntryDate Is a property that is available directly on the Project record/object) that stores the Entry Date of the original Request (aka OpTask, aka Issue) that was eventually converted into the Project convertedOpTaskActualCompletionDate, on the other hand, is not stored as a property on the Project; in part, I suspect, because it is typically null (ie has not yet occurred) at the time the Request was converted into the Project; in essence, "tying" the Request's eventual completion to the Project's. Instead, however, since the Project was created from a convertedOpTask (record/object), by "hopping" to that Request using a colon, you can then inspect any of its properties, such as the convertedOpTask:actualCompletionDate of interest. In a similar fashion, you could also retrieve convertedOpTask:entryDate, which (by design) would be the same as convertedOpTaskEntryDate; the latter being redundant, but convenient. Your use of convertedOpTaskOriginator:name was similar, hopping to the convertedOpTaskOriginator (which is a User record/object) via the colon to then retrieve the name property. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads