Expand my Community achievements bar.

SMTP Encryption

Level 3
Hi All Just wondering whether Workfront "out of the box" sends encrypted SMTP emails, and whether anyone has asked this question before? The main reason for asking is around the use of repeating deliveries / other reports that we want Workfront to send to email addresses within our organisation. If there is any technical information around how email within Workfront operates that would be greatly appreciated (from a security perspective that is). Thanks Jonathan Thain BT Group
4 Replies

Level 7
Hi Jonathan, I confirmed with our Security team that we use Opportunistic TLS, and when the receiving server does not support TLS, it'll downgrade to standard transmission. However, later this year we are looking to switch to a different email service that will only allow encrypted emails. I hope this info helps you out! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Hi Dustin Thanks for this, that is what I needed to know. It would be useful to know when the forced encryption will be implemented if there is any way it could be posted on this thread (in case I miss it in any announcements). Thanks again for getting this information. Jonathan Thain BT Group

Level 9
Hi Jonathan - our organization right now is working right now with Workfront on adjusting our we receive TLS messages. I'll keep you updated.

Level 7
Absolutely! I do not have any more of an ETA other than we're aiming for before the end of the year. I'd check workfront.com/release for the latest info on what's coming down the pipeline. Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront