Expand my Community achievements bar.

CONCAT expression error within a nested list(collection)

Level 2

Does anyone know if Workfront recently changed the text mode formatting for using a CONCAT expression within a nested collection?  I have several existing reports which use CONCAT within a nested list (collection) on a project report, but now I'm trying to create a new report and the same formatting doesn't work. 

I'm using a project report and pulling the collection for "updates" (looking for any system or user updates).  My code looks like this:

displayname=Updates 
listdelimiter=<br> 
listmethod=nested(updates).lists 
textmode=true 
type=iterate 
valueexpression=CONCAT({updateType}," - ",{entryDate}) 
valueformat=HTML 
width=350 

This returns a blank column.  If I remove the valueexpression and just pull a valuefield of either "updateTpye" or "entryDate" it will pull the list of those updates in.  But the CONCAT statement is not working.  Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi, I used the following and was able to have it display correctly. 

displayname=Updates
enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.ProjectUpdateTypeEnum
enumtype=PROJ
linkedname=direct
namekey=updateType
querysort=updateType
textmode=true
type=enum
valueexpression=CONCAT({updateType}," - ",{entryDate})
valueformat=HTML

Level 3

sorry hit post too soon.  

UpdateType is a string, not a list 

ajdifonzo_0-1693235486405.png

Community Advisor

I'd advise calling it in to the helpdesk. If you traded in a different collection, you'd be able to see that it continues to work, so somehow this one collection has stopped working(?). e.g. try:

displayname=Column Name
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({entryDate})
valueformat=HTML

See that it works -- then trade out "updates" for tasks and see that it stops working.

Level 2

Thanks Skye This was helpful.   It does appear that the valueexpressions do not work in the Updates Collection list.  Valuefields will pull in data, but expressions come up blanks.  We'll be reaching out to the support desk on it.