Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Commenting-Private to my company still alerts users out of my company via the blue notification box and emails them!

Level 1

When I select private to my company in the updates box, the people (requestors) who are out of my company are still able to see the comment via the blue notification box and are being emailed. This seems like a bug that needs to be fixed immediately or if someone has a work around, please share?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Have you submitted a ticket to Support yet to ask about this? In terms of workaround, we usually convert the request and then prevent the original requester from seeing the converted object (task or project)

Level 1

Hello! Yes, I have to no avail. What we are trying to solve for/ the ideal state is......

Once a request converts to a project, all people listed under the people tab would be auto tagged below, so someone does not have to manually tag the people who are already listed in the people tab.

Mcintke_0-1706622354973.png

From there, in 1 conversation stream, to make an internal comment, we would select private to my company and the notification would not be seen by anyone outside our company (via the update module, blue notification box, or via email notification). That way, we could have one conversation stream that had internal and external comments in it, internal comments would be denoted by the lock icon.

The value is 2 pronged, 1: to remove the need for someone to manually tag the people originally in the update who are already listed in the people tab. 2. To make sure if we selected private to my company, only people in our company would receive the notification (in any manner). I appreciate any help.

Community Advisor

I'm not sure what "to no avail" means -- what did they tell you? For us, we would probably click on the check box to remove the requester from being able to see the project. (this checkbox shows up WHILE you are converting to a project, or you can set it up in your Setup area as well)

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/issues/convert-issues/convert-is... (allow user name to have access to this project)

For tagging users in the people tab, have you considered going to the people tab and tagging them there? https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/bulk-tag-in-updates/m-p/640911#...

Level 1

Would you be able to get on a quick 10-15 call so I can go through the need better? This is helpful.