Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Custom Form Help - Automatically pull in User data

Level 3

I am wanting to pull in some user data on custom forms for a new request that is then converted to a Project.

I would like to pull in the Request Entered By name - All I can find is the {enteredByID} field however utilizing the .{name} after it results in an invalid custom expression. 
Is there any other way to pull in this data?

Additionally, I will be converting these request over to Projects and need this data to hold throughout the conversion process.  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you would use {enteredBy}.{name} -- not {enteredByID}.{name}. For a project, this would be {convertedOpTaskOriginator}.{name}

my personal recommendation would be to use {owner}.{name} instead. This represents the primary contact for the request, so if your original requester leaves before something is done, and you need to transition it to another person, you're able to do that AND have it show up on custom forms. For a project, this would translate to {convertedOpTask}.{owner}.{name}

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you would use {enteredBy}.{name} -- not {enteredByID}.{name}. For a project, this would be {convertedOpTaskOriginator}.{name}

my personal recommendation would be to use {owner}.{name} instead. This represents the primary contact for the request, so if your original requester leaves before something is done, and you need to transition it to another person, you're able to do that AND have it show up on custom forms. For a project, this would translate to {convertedOpTask}.{owner}.{name}