Expand my Community achievements bar.

Access Level - Project Sharing

Community Advisor

Curious if anyone uses the feature in access levels for "when someone creates a project, grant".... I'm interested in use cases on suggestions for if this is a good option to help solve for a sharing problem.

KellieGardner_0-1706634656306.png

Problem I'm looking to solve: Some of our Groups, don't require templates to be used when projects are created. There are sometimes issues with Group Admins getting access to projects for their group when this occurs so I'm looking to find a way to get some type of inherited permissions that you can't get if you aren't using a template.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5

We do this via Fusion workflows whenever we create projects.

Community Advisor

Thanks, I've contemplated using Fusion for this too but noticed this setting in access levels and there isn't much documentation around it. 

Level 5

Yeah, there isn't a ton.  We did a lot via trial-and-error, by setting up projects with the settings we wanted, then doing GET queries to introspect how things worked and establishing patterns from there.  It worked, though was definitely intensive. 

Community Advisor

My main hurdle is going to be how many groups we have and the different users that need permissions to the groups. If we switch to templates only it would be a lot easier so I'm pulling for that. We'll see what happens.