Expand my Community achievements bar.

Chrome Ctrl-F search capability

Level 1
Last release of WF broke the ability to search a page using Ctrl-F. It no longer finds strings. This is really problematic for large WBSs. Are there any known workarounds? Anyone aware of ETA for a fix? thanks, chris Chris Garcia ViaSat, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
what kind of page are you searching? e.g. I'm in a report using ctrl-F and it's finding line items just fine. On the other hand, since I know a lot of Workfront uses lazy-loading, I wouldn't expect ctrl-F to find something that "technically" hasn't loaded yet. Are you able to give us some more context? Has this been acknowledged a bug? (did you submit a ticket?) -skye

Level 10
As Skye said, this has been the case since the new task list was released. The kind-of-replacement is the new Filter button. This works quite well in terms of finding what you want by keyword....in fact it's really good because it filters and shows you just a list of tasks that match the keyword....you don't have to jump through the list like you do with ctrl-F. Conversely, it also poses a big problem because you don't see the context of the other tasks around the tasks you're searching for. To see this now, you have to use the new filter button, see what its task number is, then close the filter, then manually scroll down to that section of the project plan. Quite a pain... Workfront are investigating a 'jump to' feature which should work similarly to the ctrl-F search where you can jump back and forward through the list. Hope it arrives soon! David Cornwell

Level 1
I thought this was a known defect so hadn't submitted defect yet. I'm searching a large project task list, usually "task name" or "assignments" fields. And it's random, sometimes it finds it and others not. Thanks. Chris Garcia ViaSat, Inc.

Level 10
Ah, yeah. If you're searching the list of tasks in a project, then this isn't a defect: it's working as designed, per David Cornwall's explanation above. -skye

Level 1

0690z000007ZhVYAA0.pngDavid, just found out the "filter" capability I was supposed to be using and it actually works great. There are 2 filter options so I was confused on how using a task filter would help me search. But the filter I'm supposed to use is the little inverted oil filter icon on top right. Thanks. For others, see attachment of the the task filters, and the search filters (icon). Chris Garcia ViaSat, Inc.