Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Change the project status on 100 projects

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to clean up our workfront projects as we have 100s of projects that are listed in a Project Status of "In Progress" that are from 2022-2019 and can confirm no one is activating against any of those projects. 

What I've done so far.

Create a project report that includes a project status column.  I then click the checkbox to check all projects in the in progress state > edit in the top left corner > and within the project settings their is no option to change the project status.  I can also confirm I'm a systems administrator. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

my guess is that you should check if your admin account has layout template assigned and if yes, check that layout template settings to see which fields are visible for you:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1706625429577.png

potentially status is not "enabled"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi Brian,

You do not really to add the status as a column, as when selecting multiple projects and clicking on Edit (Pencil), you should have access to all system fields. There you should also find Status under the section Basic information. If your selected projects have different statuses, you will see Multiple values in the dropdown prefilled.

lgaertner_0-1706600977544.png

Regards

Lars

Level 1

@lgaertner 

Thanks for responding. The weird thing is under basic information the only option I have is to select the priority.  I don't have an option to select status. 

Any thoughts on that? 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

my guess is that you should check if your admin account has layout template assigned and if yes, check that layout template settings to see which fields are visible for you:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1706625429577.png

potentially status is not "enabled"

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. 

I logged in as our group admin and checked our templates and doesn't look like we have any. 

Screenshot on 2024-01-30 at 10_32_10.png

Level 1

I was able to find teh template under setup > interfaces > layout templates 

Thank you so much! 

Community Advisor

Hi @Bmarz - It's most likely your access to those individual objects. You need to have manage access to the projects in order to change their status. While you might have view access to see and report on them, you might not have the ability to edit all of them. 

Level 1

Thanks!

Do you know where i need to go to in the settings to make that adjustment so that my account does have that ability? 

To add: I have the ability to change the status on each individual row from the report. So I feel like some setting or something might be missing.