Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can you use one Queue Topic on multiple projects?

Level 2

I'd like to create one Queue Topic that has a custom form, and use that single Queue Topic across multiple projects. Is this possible? And if so, how do I set that up?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So you can't necessarily use that same queue topic on multiple projects and it doesn't look like you can copy queue topics either.

But you can set up a project template, create your queue topic in that template, then add that template to any existing project that you'd like.

We set up a routing rule, topic group, and about 10 queue topics with 3-4 custom forms on each queue topic for every campaign that we do. Having that template to set those up is my short-cut. It used to take me about 15 minutes to set up all of those pieces for each campaign, with the template it takes me about 3 minutes, tops!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So you can't necessarily use that same queue topic on multiple projects and it doesn't look like you can copy queue topics either.

But you can set up a project template, create your queue topic in that template, then add that template to any existing project that you'd like.

We set up a routing rule, topic group, and about 10 queue topics with 3-4 custom forms on each queue topic for every campaign that we do. Having that template to set those up is my short-cut. It used to take me about 15 minutes to set up all of those pieces for each campaign, with the template it takes me about 3 minutes, tops!

Level 10

Hi Sarah,

As Heather indicated, templates can be used to establish predefined queue topics in your projects when created. I encourage you to check out the blog post "WFPro Live Deep Dive: Multi-Form Intake Workflows" for additional context, considerations and best practices around queue topics and custom form attachments.

Thanks,

Narayan

Community Advisor

Thank you @Heather Kulbacki‚ & @NRYN R - inactive‚ ! I would have never thought of creating a template with the queues already set up. Instead I've been taking screenshots and/or having two browser windows open to easily copy and paste.

Level 2

Thanks @Heather Kulbacki‚, that's exactly what I did and it works! I appreciate all of your help.