Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you set up recurring projects?

Level 2

I know you can set up recurring tasks within a single project, but is there a way to set up a recurring project?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi Lori,

Can you elaborate on the use-case and what it would help you solve? How would the project reoccur?

Katherine

Level 2
I have users who need to be reminded on a monthly basis to setup and run a particular report. They have created a project template to obtain and cleanse the data and run the report. But they want to receive a notification to do that same set of tasks every month. Thanks, Lori

Level 3

We have project templates with tasks that represent work that needs to happen on various recurring schedules (monthly, weekly, quarterly). There might be a more automated way, but we just have a task to create the next recurring project in the template. The template already has all the assignments, roles, planned hours, completion dates built in it.

Level 7

@Lori Spitz‚ What Matt said here would be the quickest solution. Alternatively you could simply set up the entire year's worth of projects at once and set them all up with the right dates for each month.

We do have an case in our world where we can forecast work for the year, but don't want to really build the projects themselves until 2-3 weeks before the work is due. In that case there's one project with a set of tasks for 'Build project' that have all the right dates forecast for the client deliverables. Something like that could work for your team maybe. Set up one master project that's just a recurring task for 'Go build this project' and have it remind them monthly.

As you explore Fusion, there may be a solution in there though to have it watch for a particular trigger and automatically go create the project for the next month for you.

Katherine

Level 2
Thanks Katherine and Matt. We’ll try some of these and see what works.