Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can you group by a Text Mode Column in a report?

Level 4

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there was a way to group a report by a Text Mode Column.

I have a report that Text Mode to display if a task is On Time or Late based on the completion date:

displayname=On Time

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({actualCompletionDate}<={plannedCompletionDate},"On Time",IF({actualCompletionDate}<={handoffDate},"On Time","Late"))

valueformat=

I would love to get this into a graph that would show the completion date and then split ones that were completed on that day based on if they were on time or late. But I am not able to select that custom column as a grouping. Just trying to avoid having to export into excel to sort them all the time.

Thank you,

Kristina

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, you would just rewrite your expression as a formula when building a calculated field, like so:

IF(Actual Completion Date<=Planned Completion Date, "On Time", IF(Actual Completion Date<=Handoff Date, "On Time", "Late"))

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Unfortunately grouping and charts can only be done if you create a calculated field on that object.

Level 4

Is there a way to get the same result as I have above where it says if it is On Time or Late through a calculated field?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, you would just rewrite your expression as a formula when building a calculated field, like so:

IF(Actual Completion Date<=Planned Completion Date, "On Time", IF(Actual Completion Date<=Handoff Date, "On Time", "Late"))

Level 1

Hi Angelo,

I tried to follow these directions for a report with a custom column, but could not get it to work.

My value expression code is below:

displayname=Task Priority
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="4 true", "1",IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="4 false", "1",IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="3 true", "2",IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="3 false", "3", IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="2 true", "4", IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="2 false", "5", IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="1 true", "6", IF(CONCAT({priority},' ',{isCritical})="0 true", "6", "7"))))))))
valueformat=

Would you please reply with everything I need to include to wizard this into a calculated field?

Thank you so much!!!!

Val

Level 4

Angelo, thank you so much! That worked perfectly. I will be glad to not have to do any manual data manipulation to get the results we want! - Kristina