Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can you block out calendar dates for a specific project in which you know no work will be performed?

Level 4

Can you block out calendar dates for a specific project in which you know no work will be performed, freeing up team members time allocations for the period of time? I tried using a custom calendar but didn't see anything there that would facilitated this need.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi - can you provide more details? If we know people are not going to be working on the project, we utilize lag. So for example, when we send to client, the Feedback Due task has a predecessor but with 5d lag as it usually takes a week to get the feedback back from the client. That way things will reflow when there are changes earlier in the project, but that week is free for the team members.

Level 4

I'm thinking of active projects that are impacted when resources are pulled to work on another project. By being able set non-working days specific to project you could see the impact to that project's timeline without adjusting each task. Ideally it would also show 0 hours allocated on non-work dates for resourcing.

Level 10

Gotcha - have you tried Workfront "Resource Leveling" feature? We tried it like 6 years ago but because our people are so over allocated, it was pushing things to like 2035. LOL!

More info: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Leveling-Resources-in-the-Gantt-Chart-985208310