Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can we upload list of values to Dropdown fields in Custom Form?

Level 1
Hi there! My organization is new to WF. While setting up custom forms we are going to have a few dropdown fields with anywhere from 10-25 choices each. Is there a way that I can upload choices for a dropdown field (in the custom form) from a prebuilt Excel list ? Or is the only way to enter each of the choices one after the other ? Thanks! Lavanya Krishna
4 Replies

Level 1
Hello Lavanya, Yes - you can use kickstart templates to populate dropdowns and other custom data fields. This article should be able to get you started on the process. You'll mainly use the parameter and parameter group areas for custom data:

Level 4
Here's an example parameter options kickstart for the US states. I set up stub fields for each parameter with one generic choice like Choice 1. Once these are saved you can get the ID for each parameter by adding the ID column to the Field List view on the second tab of custom forms. ID and display order can be filled in as an ascending list. setLabel and setValue are your 2 key fields that match your new choices. These can either be identical or the Label is the long display name and the value is the short referenced name. Note that the blank line above the header column and the name of the tab are both required and shouldn't be changed. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 1
Thank you Deven! The link you provided is very helpful. Lavanya Krishna Senior PM Baxter Credit Union

Level 1
Melinda, Thank you SO MUCH! The sample Excel file you uploaded is SO helpful in understanding what needs to be done. Very grateful. Lavanya Krishna Senior PM Baxter Credit Union