Expand my Community achievements bar.

proof comments report?

Level 10
hi reporting gurus, I was asked if there was any way to run a report to see how many proof comments were being made per piece. I'm not aware of any but I wanted to check in here before I gave them a red light. We're not currently using advanced proofing options so I'm not as familiar with that side of things, and while I do see reports, I don't see anything helpful. Specifically I see a report for "average comments and replies" but it shows up as zero for me. thanks, -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
PS: I managed to make a start by generating a note text report looking for notes containing Proof Comment in the past 14 days, but honestly, I would rather look for something a little more proof related. -skye

Level 3
Hi Skye, The only other option I can think of is to pull a View in ProofHQ directly. You can add Comments as a column but it only shows the # on the most recent version. We've been using PHQ for a year (integrating with WF soon) but have never tracked the number of comments since we do a lot of versioning. For the Reports section in PHQ I am seeing the average comments & replies figure but there's no way to get to the specific proofs. Just an fyi since you said you can't see anything. Thanks, Ondina Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 10
Thanks Ondina. I pulled a view, and it's somewhat helpful (although as you mentioned, it only includes comments on the latest version which is a bit of a bummer for us too). I noticed that you can share views with people--have you tried this? Do the people you share with have to have a proofing license to be able to see or run the view? -skye

Level 3
Pretty sure you have to have a proofing license, it's all or nothing if memory serves which is frustrating. You could export and send outside of PHQ or perhaps add as a document in WF if they have access. Not really convenient either way. I really hope they are planning enhanced proof reporting for Q1. Pretty lean api information as it stands. Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 10
I was afraid of that. Thanks Ondina. Not really worth it to give the manager a proof license just so she can see reports, so we'll just talk about how often she might need to see them and go from there. I know they were talking about consolidating some proof reports in Workfront but I'm sketchy on the details. Will keep digging away at it. -skye

Level 3
Sounds good, thanks. We can get to most of the info we need but it's on 3 different reports, sigh. Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc