Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can someone explain the difference between Assignment report and Assigned To report and when you would choose which one?

Level 10

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

well... they do different things and show different things on different reports. If you are ever confused, I recommend you create a view with these two fields as 2 columns so you can compare the results for yourself and decide for yourself the best one to choose.

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ actually wrote a quick tip on this very topic here: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006bluL8SAI/quick-tip-theres-a-difference-between-assign... -- this covers how your basic view or filter would function in any task or issue report.

To summarize: create a view with any fields that you're not sure about and the report columns will always make it clear what that field is storing. This becomes extremely important the moment you move into a report that uses this same field name to mean something completely different, like an Assignment report which uses Assigned To in a different way than a Task report does.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

there's no such thing as an "assigned to" report. Are you addressing differences between an assignment report vs a task or issue report?

Level 10

Uch you are right. I mean the sections in a report when you are choosing a filter: Assignment Users and Assigned To ... I don't understand the difference of these objects or how they related to projects and requests and how to know which is the best one to choose.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

well... they do different things and show different things on different reports. If you are ever confused, I recommend you create a view with these two fields as 2 columns so you can compare the results for yourself and decide for yourself the best one to choose.

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ actually wrote a quick tip on this very topic here: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006bluL8SAI/quick-tip-theres-a-difference-between-assign... -- this covers how your basic view or filter would function in any task or issue report.

To summarize: create a view with any fields that you're not sure about and the report columns will always make it clear what that field is storing. This becomes extremely important the moment you move into a report that uses this same field name to mean something completely different, like an Assignment report which uses Assigned To in a different way than a Task report does.