Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can proofs can be created directly from HTML5 files?

Level 1

Our designers currently save out HTML5 files to PDFs to upload as proofs. To skip that step, is there a way to create proofs directly from the HTML5 files? Would they need to be housed on a staging site first? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Kristin,

as HTML5 is a web standard, but not a filetype, this is a bit difficult to answer.

You could save a file with the ending .html5, but this would be a classic text file which could include HTML, CSS & JavaScript code. This would only be visible as expected when opening in a browser. Besides that, it could be possible, when viewing, that external code  and / or assets like images is triggered and loaded.

On that basis, something like this is not suitable as a classical proof in the sense of Workfront.

So, I assume that, in the moment your designers save to PDF the whole result is rendered first and saved as PDF.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Kristin,

as HTML5 is a web standard, but not a filetype, this is a bit difficult to answer.

You could save a file with the ending .html5, but this would be a classic text file which could include HTML, CSS & JavaScript code. This would only be visible as expected when opening in a browser. Besides that, it could be possible, when viewing, that external code  and / or assets like images is triggered and loaded.

On that basis, something like this is not suitable as a classical proof in the sense of Workfront.

So, I assume that, in the moment your designers save to PDF the whole result is rendered first and saved as PDF.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lars