Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can proofs can be created directly from HTML5 files?

Level 1

Our designers currently save out HTML5 files to PDFs to upload as proofs. To skip that step, is there a way to create proofs directly from the HTML5 files? Would they need to be housed on a staging site first? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello Kristin,

as HTML5 is a web standard, but not a filetype, this is a bit difficult to answer.

You could save a file with the ending .html5, but this would be a classic text file which could include HTML, CSS & JavaScript code. This would only be visible as expected when opening in a browser. Besides that, it could be possible, when viewing, that external code  and / or assets like images is triggered and loaded.

On that basis, something like this is not suitable as a classical proof in the sense of Workfront.

So, I assume that, in the moment your designers save to PDF the whole result is rendered first and saved as PDF.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello Kristin,

as HTML5 is a web standard, but not a filetype, this is a bit difficult to answer.

You could save a file with the ending .html5, but this would be a classic text file which could include HTML, CSS & JavaScript code. This would only be visible as expected when opening in a browser. Besides that, it could be possible, when viewing, that external code  and / or assets like images is triggered and loaded.

On that basis, something like this is not suitable as a classical proof in the sense of Workfront.

So, I assume that, in the moment your designers save to PDF the whole result is rendered first and saved as PDF.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lars