Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can I make a calculated field that has a custom currency field and custom text fields?

Level 4

I have tried everything I can think and I have searched and searched and can't find anything related. I've tried it as text, number, currency.

This is my set up now and I can get the correct result but I would like to change my Amount field to a currency field and therefor my result from the calculated field to show as currency.

CONCAT("Name", " - ", Request Type, " - ", "ID#", {Receipt ID #}, " - ", "$", {Amount})

Result: Dawnmarie - Return - ID#123 - $5000

My preferred result would be: Dawnmarie - Return - ID#123 - $5,000.00

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

For anyone that finds this in their search. I learned today that this is NOT possible. The result needs to be text and therefore the field you are pulling in would also need to be text you cannot pull the special character "$" into this calculated field.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

For anyone that finds this in their search. I learned today that this is NOT possible. The result needs to be text and therefore the field you are pulling in would also need to be text you cannot pull the special character "$" into this calculated field.

Employee

Hi Dawnmarie,

I love that you came back and let the community know what you found out. I know that took an extra step for you to share, but hopefully it saves someone in the future an extra step.

Thank you for being a wonderful part of our Workfront community.

Kyna Baker