Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Can I group on a "sharecol" field on an Assignment report?

Level 2
Hi, I have created an Assignment report to pull together tasks and issues assigned to my Business Analysis team, and have managed to use the sharecol function to bring the "BA Lead" custom field value from the tasks and issues into a single column. (see column details below). column.10.displayname=BA Lead column.10.linkedname=opTask column.10.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.10.namekeyargkey.0=opTask column.10.namekeyargkey.1=BA Lead column.10.querysort=DE:opTask:BA Lead column.10.sharecol=true column.10.textmode=true column.10.valuefield=opTask:BA Lead column.10.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString column.11.displayname= column.11.linkedname=task column.11.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.11.namekeyargkey.0=task column.11.namekeyargkey.1=BA Lead column.11.querysort=DE:task:BA Lead column.11.textmode=true column.11.valuefield=task:BA Lead column.11.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString What I'm struggling with is the way that I can now add a grouping to this field. If I click on the "BA Lead" field on standard grouping mode, it only groups the issues and ignores all the tasks, and I have added a screenshot showing how this doesn't work. So I switched into Text Mode for the grouping to try and get it to work, and this is what's there from the standard grouping added via the UI. group.0.linkedname=opTask group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.valuefield=opTask:BA Lead group.0.namekeyargkey.0=opTask group.0.namekeyargkey.1=BA Lead group.0.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString textmode=false Does anyone have any idea how to get the grouping to work correctly across both issues and tasks on my Assignment report? I have checked all previous posts, and there is help to do grouping for custom fields and concatenated fields, but no advice (that I can find) for merged or shared fields. I assume in some way I have to use both the "opTask:BA Lead" and "task:BA Lead" fields, but not sure how to construct it. Apologies for the long post, but anyone done this before and can help out? Thanks Richard
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Richard, I don't have custom fields readily available that simulate what you're doing, so I used the "priority" field that is available in both "issue" and "task". Using your initial grouping method, I saw similar results (you could either get task to group or issue, but not both). I stripped the textmode lines in the group statement to their bare bones, and the following groups like values together: group.0.linkedname=Priority group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({task}.{priority}),{opTask}.{priority},{task}.{priority}) group.0.valueformat=HTML textmode=true In the case of "priority", the group titles are just numeric values, but I belive that is due to the fact that this field, in and of itself, really is just a numeric value. However, with your custom field, you may be just fine. It's at least an idea to play with a bit, and hopefully you can get closer to what you're looking for. Good luck! Kathy

Level 2
Kathy, You are a star, that has worked with a minor tweak to put the "DE:" value in front of the custom form values. What I have implemented is as follows: textmode=true group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({task}.{DE:BA Lead}),{opTask}.{DE:BA Lead},{task}.{DE:BA Lead}) group.0.linkedname=BA Lead group.0.valueformat=HTML Thanks for responding, your help is much appreciated, and hopefully it might be useful to other people. Regards, Richard