Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Can I export "My Work" to a spreadsheet?

Level 1
Is there a way to export "my work" or my "tasks" so to speak in a spreadsheet? Attempting to make a report of current workload and need a summary I can use elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated! Matt Johnson BBVAUSA
2 Replies

Level 8
I don't think there's a way to export the built in home/mywork pages. You should be able to create a report that mimics it. Keep in mind there are a number of options you'd have to factor in. Do you want tasks and issues, or just tasks? If it's the first, you'd need to build a 'work item' report rather than a task report Note that while the work item report includes tasks and issues, they tend to have different columns. So for one look, you tend to build a lot of valueexpression fields using IF statements to show either. For the completion date of the item, for example: valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({taskID}),{opTask}.{plannedCompletionDate},{task}.{plannedCompletionDate}) Do you only want things that are ready for them to start, or things that still have incomplete predecessors? If you only want the items they could pick up and do now, you'd want to filter to see if it had handoffDate or if canStart is true In layout templates you can select which fields (including custom fields) display when you select something from your home page, so there's no universal answer for what other columns to include in your report Users can choose to group by the week it's due or the project (or priority or commit date) so you would want to ensure they have access to these as groupings in their layout interface, and allow them to change groupings on the report. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Level 7
I also wanted a better view than Home of all my current tasks, including personal tasks. I recently created this report. Note that once you have the report built, you can export. This report pulls all the logged in user's task that have a start date earlier than the next 2 weeks out. (I didn't want to see stuff that will not start any time soon). It's grouped by project & parent. Here are the report settings... Columns: Groupings: Filters: Hopefully that helps get you started. Sarah Wilkerson Yamaha Corporation of America Inc