Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Can assigning a request to a person trigger a custom form being added to the request?

Level 7

I have a user who says in the recent past, a custom form as added to a request when they assigned the request to a person. I'm unaware this is an option. They said all of a sudden it's not working.

Before opening a support ticket, I'm asking in the community to see if anyone else has this functionality or can confirm my thinking that maybe they thought it was triggered by the assignment event but in reality, it was automatically attached to the request when it is submitted. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Natively, there is no functionality to automatically add a custom form to a request based on an assignment being made. The form is added at the point of request creation (i.e., via a request queue), or the form is manually added by someone after the request has been created.

The only way to achieve the automated attachment of a custom form based on assignment would be through the use of Workfront Fusion.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Natively, there is no functionality to automatically add a custom form to a request based on an assignment being made. The form is added at the point of request creation (i.e., via a request queue), or the form is manually added by someone after the request has been created.

The only way to achieve the automated attachment of a custom form based on assignment would be through the use of Workfront Fusion.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Hi @MarlaDr,

I confirm your thinking: the standard functionality of making an assignment is independent from attaching custom forms.

Regards,

Doug