Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can a report be created that combines both requests and actual projects including who is assigned, status, etc.?

Level 7

Can a report be created that combines both requests and actual projects including who is assigned, status, etc.? One leader has a team that are assigned to both projects and requests from a request queue. The leader would like to track everything for their direct reports in one view no matter if it is regarding a request or a project. I thought you could not combine the two but before I let the leader know I wanted to check with the community.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Marla, yes you can if the issues are being converted to resolving projects. In an issue report, you can include "Resolve Project XYZ", where XYZ is the name, owner, planned completion date, etc. Give it a try and let us know what you come up with. -Narayana

Level 7

In those cases, I usually guide toward a dashboard with two reports to contain requests and projects separately. In our environment, the information that people want to see in the report about requests only partially overlaps with what they want to see about a project. For a request, they want to see who requested it, ETA for delivery, whether it's client-facing or internal etc. All facts that wouldn't exist in a project report - so you'd have 3 entirely blank columns taking up screen space.

That gives me one 'view' but allows greater customization of what information they actually see in the layout. Not sure if that makes sense in your use-case, but food for thought.

If they REALLY want one single report, the work-item report type that Samantha suggested would do it but you'll be somewhat limited to the facts you can display in the columns - so I'd suggest trying a mock-up of what your leader wants before promising it can be done. (Voice of painful experience)