Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculated fields on Issue form to pull in the Queue Topic and Queue Topic Group name

Level 4

Hello,

I'm working on creating two custom fields on an issue custom form where I want to pull in the Queue Topic Name and the Queue Topic Group Name. I feel like I'm close but WF won't accept. Here's what I have:

Queue Topic Name - 

IF(ISBLANK(Queue Topic Name),Queue Topic.Name,Queue Topic Name)

Queue Topic Group Name - 

IF(ISBLANK(Queue Topic.Parent Topic Group.Name),Queue Topic.Parent Topic.Name,Queue Topic Name.Parent Topic Group.Name)

Thanks for your help!

Michelle

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

sorry for the misunderstanding, Surya -- your calculated field syntax is otherwise correct (and M's is old and outdated). M would want to use your syntax and add the IF/ISBLANK to it in order to cover all the based: i.e. a working calculation that doesn't overwrite itself.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Michelle,

The queue topic and the topic group do not change after the request is submitted, you don't need the IF and ISBLANK for either of them. The following should work:

Queue Topic Name: {queueTopic}.{name}

Queue Topic Group Name: {queueTopic}.{parentTopicGroup}.{name}

Best,

Surya

Community Advisor

I would tend to disagree. If I don't miss my guess, a queue topic and topic group name can change when they get accidentally or purposefully deleted. Coding in an isblank would protect against this risk.

Level 2

Don't think I have seen that happen when an issue is deleted but if maybe the queue topic/group is removed then it might make sense.

@MMcAnelly if you do want to take that into account, you might have to create the respective fields first with no calculation and then add the calculation you have. I have noticed in the past that it does not reference itself in the calculation unless the field is already created.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

sorry for the misunderstanding, Surya -- your calculated field syntax is otherwise correct (and M's is old and outdated). M would want to use your syntax and add the IF/ISBLANK to it in order to cover all the based: i.e. a working calculation that doesn't overwrite itself.