Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Calculated Field not saving and reversing back to previous entry

Level 2
hi All, Has anyone else experienced an issue with saving calculated fields on an "Issue" custom form? I have an issue where the following occurs: a) if I change the calculation in a calculated field, apply and save. Go back in to the Custom Form, the formula reverts back to the original or goes blank. b) if I change one calculated field, then another calculated field on the same custom form goes blank. Does anyone know if there is a limit of how many calculated fields can be included in one custom form? or is anyone else experiencing this issue? Olivera Nesevski Refinitiv
5 Replies

Level 10
whenever I change a calculated field, I usually have to check the box that says "Update previous calculations", otherwise existing fields will retain whatever I put in them. I don't know about the other calculated field going blank though. And I don't believe there's a limit on calculated fields, but definitely am interested to hear about one. -skye

Level 10
Hi Olivera, I'm not observed the behavior you're seeing, nor am I aware of any limits on the number of calculated parameters on a custom form. Back in the day, before the number of total parameters was limited to 500, I created custom forms with over 1400+ parameters in total, 900+ of which were calculated parameters, and many of those having thousands of characters of logic (2000 each being the limit, at the time; yep: found it). Depending on the complexity of the formula you're working on, I'd suggest you review (or if you wish, share here) the logic in case there's a loophole that would explain it; but if not, it's likely Ticket Worthy. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 1
I submitted a ticket for this exact issue earlier in the week. Janet Bakes JLL

Level 7
Hi Olivera - If the calculated field is used on another form, it won't allow you to change it and will remove the calculation. Not sure if that's the case but thought I'd mention it. If that is the case, you have to remove the field from all forms that it's on and then replace it one at a time and input the new calculation. Hope this helps, Teale Teale McCleaf Google Inc.

Level 2
Hey there we had the same issue. Here is our example with the solution: When referencing custom fields in your calculation, you need to use the { } to specify. If you were to paste the following calculation into your calculated field, it should work! SUM({Number of items requiring Buying Guide},{Number of items requiring Detail},{Number of items requiring How-To Video}) Hope this helps! Michelle Ray Home Decorators Collection - The Home Depot