Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Preventing users from Exporting data (Excel/PDF etc)

Level 10
Hi, Is there any way to prevent certain users from being able to export data to Excel/PDF? I can't see anywhere in the Access Level settings, Layout Templates, System Preferences. I'd have though it would be possible to disable this? Regards, David Cornwell
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi David, Good point (disallowing downloads), but not to my knowledge. Perhaps, with the plethora of screen capture utilities (including, I recently learned, on our mobile phones), it's a moot point. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 6
When you create your proof you're allowed the option Allow to "Download original file". But this is a global setting for that particular proof and is not stage independent.

Level 10
Thanks Stephen - I'm actually talking about exports from reports or project/task lists etc. Good to know there's at least some limited controls regarding proofs. David Cornwell