Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculated Expression - Difference Between Planned and Actual Hours (View)

Level 8
I posted this to the reporting forum yesterday but the community site when down, so I'm posting it here in hopes of getting a response. Does anyone know the expression required to show the difference between the planned and actual hours on a project and task view? I am trying to add this to a view to the projects tab (global nav) and on individual projects (tasks tab), but I can't get it to work. Note, the API seems to have a lot of options for hours?? So, I'm most likely using the wrong fields and / or my text mode is incorrect. If you refer to the "Hours Difference" column in my attachment, you'll see it's returning some weird numbers. Any insight is appreciated! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I create a custom attribute on a form associated with every task. The formula is: ROUND((Actual Hours - Planned Hours)/60,2) That way, I don't have to do Text Mode code in reports every time I want to use it. Thanks, Eric

Level 4
Sydney, Workfront stores hours as minutes so your formula is correct so I would divide by 60 so it shows up as hours. I hope this helps! David David Taylor - moventus davidtaylor@moventus.net

Level 10
Hi Sydney, If you /60 to convert the difference in minutes to hours, I think you'll have what you need. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
@Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore @David Taylor - moventus I was hoping I'd be able to figure out the rest of the expression, but I can't get it to work. (I'm just a text mode wannabe) Can you tell me what I need to add in here to get it to divide by 60? displayname=Hours Difference textmode=true valueexpression=SUB({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired}) valueformat=HTML I appreciate your help and thanks everyone for your responses! :) Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Sydney, I'd suggest: valueexpression=SUB({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired}) /60 or this: valueexpression= ROUND( SUB({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired})/60, 1) Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
Does anyone else do a victory dance when their text mode finally works? Thanks so much Doug, this one did the trick! valueexpression= ROUND( SUB({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired})/60, 1) Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.