Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated Data Expression in Rpt Column Not Working

Level 10
Hi WF Community, I'm trying to subtract the values of two custom fields in a task report by using a caluclated column in my report. However, it's not displaying any results. - I have two custom currency fields: Total Invoice Amount & Tekside Cost - My text mode data expression is as such: displayname=Tekside PnL textmode=true valueexpression=SUB(INV - Total Invoice Amount,Tekside Cost) valueformat=HTML Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I tested replacing the field label names with actual numbers (e.g. 4 and 2) and it displayed the calculation properly on the report when I ran it this way (but it's obviously not what I want). Thanks. Nick Nick Valeriote
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Nick,

I suspect it might be the "-" (a Special Character) that is confusing the formula parser, and suggest you try this, to give it a hint:

valueexpression=SUB({DE:INV - Total Invoice Amount},{DE:Tekside Cost})

Regards,

Doug

P.S. DE stands for "data extensions", for those who've wondered, and means "custom data"

Level 10
Your new valueexpression worked, thanks, Douglas! Ahh, ok, that's what DE stands for. Nick Valeriote