Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculate difference between actual completion and custom form field?

Level 5

Is it possible to calculate the difference between a custom form date field and the project's actual completion date in a report?

For example, we have an "Ideal Due Date" field that we capture on our request forms and would like to report on the difference between what the requestor's ideal due date and when the project was actually completed on.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're looking for the difference in the number of workdays between the two dates, this should help: View: display the result of a calculation between two fields in a column

So on a project report, I believe your valueexpression would look something like this: valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({convertedOpTask}.{Ideal Due Date},{actualCompletionDate})

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're looking for the difference in the number of workdays between the two dates, this should help: View: display the result of a calculation between two fields in a column

So on a project report, I believe your valueexpression would look something like this: valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({convertedOpTask}.{Ideal Due Date},{actualCompletionDate})

Level 10

Make sure that "DE:Ideal Due Date "is in date format and not text!

@Heather Kulbacki‚ , would that still work without the "DE:" in front of the custom field?

Community Advisor

I honestly can't remember if the "DE:" is needed or not - sounds like she's looking to do this in a custom column, not a field and I couldn't find a column where I had done any calculation between 2 dates - I know I've done them, just couldn't find one.

Great reminder on the format of the "Ideal Due Date" field - I forget that every time and usually have to create a new field with the correct format.

Level 3

This is terrific thank you - is there a calculation that considers public holidays?

Community Advisor

If you include those holidays in your Schedule Exceptions they will figure into your calculations.