Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Bug: Shift-Click to select for bulk edit

Level 2
Up until very recently (I would suspect prior to 2019.1 update going live) I could click the box next to a project, then shift-click another project several rows down and it would select the whole bunch I wanted and it made bulk editing a TON easier. I didn't have to go through hundreds (or thousands) of individual clicks to select all the projects I wanted to change. But now I try to do this and it no longer respects the bounds of my top and bottom choices. It seems to select random projects above and below where I clicked. Fortunately I noticed it happening and haven't made any huge errors (like bulk deleting a bunch of the wrong projects). Anyone else notice this behavior change? I did a search to see anyone had already posted about this, but came up with nothing recent. If there's a proper place to file bugs, please let me know. Thanks Chris Jackson CheckMark
7 Replies

Level 4
Hello, Chris, This is not an intended change. This was introduced as a result of an issue fix from last week's patch. We're working to resolve this as a high urgency issue. Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 7
We've been experiencing this too and I finally put ticket in yesterday--was surprised not to see conversation already - thank you for posting! when I submitted help request I was sent 2 links telling me how to use the shift key lol - We have been using the shift key to multi-select for 2 years. When we try to do it now - (and since upgrade has come out) - it will select all the other tasks that are not even in the same grouping! (but are numbered tasks in between selection) We are also not a fan how grouping has changed (and is collapsed or opened manually now) and think it's causing the problem. (I want to select job role of designer) I clicked on task 3 - shift clicked on task 11 and it selected all instead of skipping other job roles. I created the filters - but now I have to create a filter for each job role and keep using filter to edit? Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 2
I just did a quick test and it looks like the shift+click issue is resolved. Anyone else confirm? Cory Cory Anderson Cisco Systems- Communication Services

Level 2
I just tested and can confirm that it appears to be fixed. Thanks all for the feedback. And thanks Workfront for fixing this bug! Chris Jackson CheckMark

Level 7
working for us too ! yay !! Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 6
I can bulk select tasks, but not parent items. Is anyone else getting the same results? Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 4
Hello, Catherine, The parent task selections with Shift+Down key was the initial issue that we fixed. It resulted in the problem with the extra selections under groupings so we had to revert it back. We'll handle it separately and provide a new fix. Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront