Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Boards Performance: Extremely Slow

Level 3

I am working through the tutorials on Boards to see if this could be of use to some of our teams. However, I am finding the experience cripplingly slow. Every other part of Workfront is running at normal speeds, but simply calling up the tasks assigned to a single team seems to overwhelm Workfront. I am also seeing what can only be described as "data echoes": For example, when I tried to use another team as a comparison, it kept one of the members of the old team and seems to be ignoring the actual team.

The specifics don't matter to all of you, but in general I am curious if people are using Boards, and what tips they might have to make it run at a manageable speed. (As an example: if tracking work across multiple products is a no go, that would be really useful to know.)

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

2 Replies

Level 10

I've posted numerous times on this subject. I'm really keen to use Boards to solve some of our workflow problems but at this point, I cannot.

Boards works OK (at best) for a small team that doesn't have very many task/issues at a given time. I use it for our 4 person Admin team for Workfront Support requests. We get about a dozen per day and they are solved within an hour so there's never more than a dozen cards at a time.

I tried on"Board"ing our video team (see what I did there!) to Boards and did not go well. They have a few hundred tasks at a time over a hundred or so projects and it is usually painfully slow. Columns and statuses rarely upate correctly. Numerous errors in red bars at the bottom of the page appear whether your previous action worked or not. Grouping, sorting, tagging, and filtering are either too slow or produce a white screen, etc.

My advice would be to use it for really small things with very few cards and wait until the product matures and is ready for prime time.

Level 3

Thanks Randy, appreciate the quick confirmation for my suspicion. 

I'll keep periodically checking in as it's increasingly clear that reports don't work for all teams here. Workload balancer can work for some, but having this third option was something I was exploring myself before putting in my back pocket.