Expand my Community achievements bar.

Best Practices for requests that don't have all the needed info

Level 8
How are you guys handling instances where users don't have all of the needed information for a request, especially since we don't have a save option in request queues. Is there anything beyond leaving fields as not required, having a secondary queue to submit the information once they have it, or follow up on additional info through a task once the request is converted? Mohini Sinha, CSM Project Coordinator Excelsior College
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mohini, I'm sure someone here will have a better solution, but we just follow up with additional information on the request itself (i.e. send comments etc.). In certain scenarios we convert the request (Issue) to a Project that has a few tasks and those tasks are to obtain the needed follow-up information. Basically I think of it as two scenarios: The Requestor submits a request and will need to add information (later) – We have our Teams follow up with the Requestor via the ticket to help obtain the additional information. The Requestor submits a request and we will need to add information – We convert the request to a project as stated above. An example of #2 is a Hardware or Software Request. The Requestor submits it, but we have to then gather Quotes, obtain Approval, Purchase, Receive, and Install. But like I said others may have a better solution.

Level 10
if they 100% of the time don't have all the information, can you just do an approval process? Set it so that New will trigger an approval to the primary contact, and then it just stays in their approvals tab until they are done filling in the form and at that point they can "approve" the request to move forward to "new". -skye

Community Advisor
We do the approval process as Skye suggested that sends it back to the primary contact. In addition, since our project managers also need to review and approve the request once it gets to us we also set up a custom status that the primary contact must change the request status to when they are ready to send it on to our team and that custom status triggers an approval to the project manager.

Level 2
hi, Mohini - we have a status in the request for "Additional info requested". we simply tag the requester in an update within the request and await information. Tracy Brunet Costco Wholesale Corporation

Level 8
Thanks a ton to everyone for the various work arounds!! You've given me some really great leads. Mohini Sinha, CSM Project Coordinator Excelsior College