Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Best Practices for Managing Video Production

Level 4
I know of a customer who has an in-house video production team and who is looking to help streamline their processes. She's hoping to cut down on the other tools the team uses for scheduling, asset management, and proofing. If you're managing video production, will you please respond with how you're using Workfront, some of the challenges you've faced and how you're tackling them? Thanks so much! Sherry Sherry Arnold Workfront
4 Replies

Level 1
I know that it can be challenging managing a Creative Video Production Team as they are concerned with producing the videos and not necessarily the timeline & tasks. The most important perspective on managing the team is to keep the templates, tasks and predecessors concise and as minimal as possible. The more tasks, the harder it will be to keep them in Workfront. I find having a weekly 15-minute Status Meeting, keeps the team engaged and supported. Lead with relationship, interest and enthusiasm; it goes a long way! Please let me know if there is something more specific you are wanting to address. Thanks! Sarah Sarah Sanders Fossil

Level 1
Hi Sarah, Thanks for your input. Great suggestions. Do you have a video production template you can share? I've looked at the current templates our team uses, and indeed they are very simple (and don't have predecessors built in). I see a lot of communication within the team around securing freelancers is done via email and not in workfront, and the team uses other tools for managing schedules of resources within several edit bays. Just wondering if its possible to bring all/most processes and data into workfront, and if anyone has done this successfully in the video production world. Lisa White Herbalife Nutrition

Level 1
Hi Lisa, We have several video templates we use currently based on the ask. Are you looking for Post Production, How-To, Web Animations or a Feature Video template? Yes, it is possible to secure freelancers in Workfront by adding a parent task with several steps. You can have all processes in Workfront. The steps/process/stakeholders all need to be captured in the template. Once you elaborate or what type of video template you need, I can provide you more direction. Thanks! Sarah Sarah Sanders Fossil

Level 3
Just discovered this through a search for video production. I could use seeing more details on your Feature Video template. We have a videographer on our team, and although he is also a photographer, the steps for video are much more involved. Debbie Scalf BCBST - Corporate Communications