Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Best Practice Recommendations for Governance Meetings

Level 6
We are setting up a WF Governance Committee comprised of leadership and either Group or Sys Admins from departments using WF. I'm interested in hearing any best practices or agenda recommendations from anyone with an active Governance body. Thanks! Catherine Hayes The Channel Company
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2
Hi Catherine, I have been heading up the Governance Committee for our instance of WF here at WF for several years. Our main objective is to create and enforce rules/policy and to engage in cleanup projects. We generally meet about once a month and in that meeting, we agree to a couple of "cleanup projects" for the next month. I.E.- Request Queues, custom forms, templates, reports, etc. We will spend time talking about policy to make sure that the system doesn't get out of control again. For example, only a System Administrator can create a company-wide request queue. We will also discuss things like new access levels that are needed or new groups that me need to be created, etc. One thing that might help is to kickstart the new Usage Dashboard and bring that into your meetings in order to discuss overall health of the platform. You can find an article on how to kickstart that dashboard on the helpsite. Shawn Loutensock Workfront

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2
Hi Catherine, I have been heading up the Governance Committee for our instance of WF here at WF for several years. Our main objective is to create and enforce rules/policy and to engage in cleanup projects. We generally meet about once a month and in that meeting, we agree to a couple of "cleanup projects" for the next month. I.E.- Request Queues, custom forms, templates, reports, etc. We will spend time talking about policy to make sure that the system doesn't get out of control again. For example, only a System Administrator can create a company-wide request queue. We will also discuss things like new access levels that are needed or new groups that me need to be created, etc. One thing that might help is to kickstart the new Usage Dashboard and bring that into your meetings in order to discuss overall health of the platform. You can find an article on how to kickstart that dashboard on the helpsite. Shawn Loutensock Workfront

Level 8
Nice find, Shawn. I'm installing it now. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008568593-Workfront-Usage-Dashboard">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008568593-Workfront-Usage-Dashboard

Level 9
That. Is. AMAZING. Installed it, love it, plan on using it as a template to make duplicates of it broken out by Group for more focused monitoring. Thank you!!! Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group