Expand my Community achievements bar.

Avoid Parent Tasks in Task Report

Level 10
Hello Friends, I created one task report to collect all planned hours for year 2019 in our department. So, added all portfolios. But in the result, it also pulls the parent task. Which increases the planned hours significantly. I have attached a screen shot for your kind reference. Could you please help to correct it. Also I tried to add below filter options, but many tasks which are not as parent task they also get removed. Later I removed these filter options. Task>Assigned to ID Task>No. of children>Equal Case Sensitive>0. Looking for your expertise. Kind regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
a parent task is any task with children (i.e. number of children > 0). If you don't want parent tasks, I would think you would filter on number of children = 0. Sorry - not sure why that wouldn't work for you but maybe if you share your error results it will clarify more. -skye

Level 10
Thanks @Skye Hansen I dont know why it was not working before. But working now. Thanks a lot. Best regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 10
Hi - I think part of the issue is the Assigned To filter. In a task report, that means only tasks where the Task Owner is that person. So if I'm on a task with 4 other people and I'm not the task owner, that task does not appear on the report. For task reports, you want to use "Assignment Users ID equals" as that will show you a task the person is assigned to even if they are not the task owner. Now, I have a question for you, on all these tasks, are the assignees just people from your department? Or will there be people from other departments? If so, you might want to do an assignment report. I love these! It creates a line item for each assignment on the task and even breaks out the planned hours. (i.e. if there are 3 people with 1 hour each, a task report would say 3 planned hours, but an assignment would have three line items with 1 hour each). That way if you want to aggregate by assignee, you can and it will only show you the planned hours for that person instead of including hours that might not pertain to your department. And since we don't do assignments on parent tasks, they are automatically filtered out. Anthony Imgrund FCB