Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto close status request

Level 4

Do we have settings or an option in Workfront that a request in the request queue will be closed once it reaches a specified number of days?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you convert your requests to projects/tasks? When doing so, there is a setting to Task/Request preferences in Setup to have the status of the request tie to the status of the converted task. Once the task the request is converted to is completed, the original request is also completed automatically. Where I'm referencing in Setup:

MadalynD_0-1675796977370.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no native functionality in Workfront that will auto-close a request after a specific timeframe. You would need to use Workfront Fusion to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 7

While there is no native functionality to close task after specified number of days, there is a way to mimic that behaviour. At least theoretically, I haven't tried it:

1. assumption - request needs to be paired with resolving task

2. assumption - tracking mode on task is set to auto complete

Now you can use field Planned completion date as "close the request on:", alternatively the moment user marks task as completed will close both task and a request.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you convert your requests to projects/tasks? When doing so, there is a setting to Task/Request preferences in Setup to have the status of the request tie to the status of the converted task. Once the task the request is converted to is completed, the original request is also completed automatically. Where I'm referencing in Setup:

MadalynD_0-1675796977370.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

We have other groups that are doing this, but for this group that I will be trying to setup, they requested that their request not be converted to a task and always remain as a request.