Expand my Community achievements bar.

Auto-assigning external users in Project Template

Level 3

I'm currently setting up a new Project Template for my team with each task assigned to each team member. For some steps in this project, we will be requiring the work of external users outside our organization.

Can we auto-assign these external users to specific tasks in our Workfront Project similar to how we do it for our internal team members?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

I believe you can, if you assign the external user name in respective task in the template.

So, once you create project, the specific task assigned to external will automatically assigned to them.

Only codition, the external assignemtn user must be in Workfront.

Mvh

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Hi @stan255 - You would likely be able to input their name into the task, but if they have the "External User" license type it will throw a warning (exclamation symbol) that they do not have sufficient access. The "External User" license type only allows for them to look at documents, they won't have the ability to contribute to the project unless you upgrade the license. If they are really have Worker/Planner access but are just called External Users, then you should be good to go!

https://cdn.experience.workfront.com/Training/Guides/License+types.pdf