Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assigning users to multiple tasks using Job Roles

Level 9
Calling all experts! What is your practice for assigning a user to multiple tasks within a single project using job roles? Example, we have a project with 100 tasks. 1 job role (we'll call Jedi) is assigned to 45 tasks within the project. I want to assign Sally (who has Jedi as her job role) to all 45 tasks. How can I do this in the quickest way possible. Appreciate your insights.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Michael. In ascending order of elegance, I offer this list: manually assign each task one at a time ask users to self assign via My Work filter and/or group by Role and bulk update use the built in project team builder use the new Swaparoo feature use AtAppStore's Assign Resources AtApp The latter automatically assigns available resources to Role based template tasks in a prioritized fashion, and is part of out larger JITR (Just In Time Resourcing) solution. Regards, Doug

Level 10
{{Doug}} Excellent summary. We usually do the third option, bulk update. We’re looking forward to the swaparoo functionality being released in GA. That is going to be way better. Thanks! Eric

Level 9
Good stuff! I like the filter / bulk edit option. We were using the bulk edit option w/out filtering first and it was causing some issues (because we assign multiple job roles to a single task)...thus I started this thread. Filtering by "Assignments Roles >> Name" worked wonders! Thanks so much guys.

Level 5
Thanks for this! I was looking for a way to assign multiple users to a specific role, the filter and bulk update method worked great! Hours saved!! Thanks, Saher Almaita