Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is your subscribe button (notifications) working?

Level 10
So, I understand that some of my users think that the subscribe button is a really cool new feature (subscribe to a task, issue or project). However, I don't use it myself, and I just had one of my users tell me that it stopped working for him ... two weeks ago >_<. In other words, no email notifications for two weeks. (and not just him, but his coworker as well) I did submit a ticket to the helpdesk and they're being as helpful as they ever are. In the meantime, can I get a show of hands as to whether any of you are using the subscribe feature and have noticed a similar issue or have an existing ticket? He is specifically subscribed to objects that he owns (I don't even want to explain why but apparently it's necessary in our line of work). This is going to be a huge pain in the neck to set up a few dummy accounts and projects and "talk to myself" to test what's going on, so ultimately I'm hoping someone else has the same issue :-). thanks as always! -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
I haven't fully tested it out, but I suspect I'm not getting notifications from a Subscription I set up for a project. But I may not fully understand what notifications I should get. It just feels like I should be getting more notifications. Yes, I apologize that is not the best research study �� , but thought it may help a little. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
thanks Vic. I am fortunate in that a few of my PMs were using the feature and they have forwarded me an email showing what they used to get. I wish there was some sort of "troubleshooting view" in Workfront that you could turn on, where every time you do anything, it shows you what is going to happen in the background. Like when you complete an issue and it gives you little green popups that say "Primary Contact will be notified," "subscribers will be notified" -- that sort of thing. -skye

Level 10
@Vic Alejandro -- finally got around to chatting with the helpdesk. In a nutshell: the only thing a subscription notification is good for is updates, i.e. ONLY the stuff that people manually type into the updates tab. If you subscribe to a task you get updates for the task. If you subscribe to the project you get updates for the project. This lets out my team. The other thing they want to be notified of is when something is DONE. i.e. when a task is done, when a project is done, etc. -skye

Level 10
Thanks! If that's the case I'm pretty confident it's not working for me. I'll have to test it more rigorously, but I'm pretty sure I should be seeing more updates coming my way as I Subscribed to a large project and it appears I'm only seeing comments that were directed to me (as opposed to all comments/updates). Vic Alejandro PMP, CSM Denver Board of Water Commissioners

Level 10
@Vic Alejandro -- if you're not the project owner, and if the updates are made at the project level, then you should be getting the notification. However, if the update is made at the task level, you will not get the notification--even though the update shows up at the project level. Good luck! -skye

Level 10
Ok that would make sense then. Thanks. Doesn't seem like a helpful feature though for us. Most of our people comment at the task/issue level. I'm not going to flag every task and issue. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone