Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assigning tasks to requesters

Level 2
Hello Workfront Community, There are a few requesters in our company that need tasks assigned to them. They have the requester access level. They do not need to post any creative for review, log time and are not a managed resource. The task assignment is the only function needed that is included in the Worker license. Any ideas for a workaround? Thanks! Ariana Ariana Nicoli Rover
5 Replies

Level 2
Ariana - we do this within our environment. We can assign the task and then send them a directed update that they've been assigned a task. We also set up a standard report so they can see open activity that's assigned to them. They are able to work the task, just can't mark it as complete. Dana Henke CUNA Mutual Group

Level 4
Maybe you assign the task to yourself (or team member) then ask for a task approval from them. *make sure the set up notifications are turned on for task notifications (this took me 2 weeks to figure out i did not have it turned on and they person never got an email notification that that had a task needing approval. Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 2
Dana Who is responsible for marking the requestor's task as complete? Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org

Level 2
We do what others have suggested above. The PM is assigned the task, but the reviewer/requester is still responsible to actually do the work (Generally it's reviewing proofs). Once the requester provides their approval decision, the PM marks the task as complete. Malisa Lieser Tennant

Level 5
We have actually added approvals to those tasks that require Reviewer action/response. We frame the task name and approval similarly and whoever is responsible for notifying the Reviewer sets the task to Complete, which is actually Complete-Pending Approval. Once the Reviewer completes the action, they approve the task from their My Updates page and the task closes. It is important that they approval triggers on Close otherwise, the task will remain New/In Progress once approved. Our best practice is to give a reasonable response time frame (3-5 days) as we can't see the workload for Reviewers and therefore can't assume they are available immediately. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation