Expand my Community achievements bar.

setting priority on comments for notifications

Level 1
Is there a way to indicate a priority on Comments so that the higher priority comments appear grouped on the top of notifications list? If not, whats the next best suggestion to help my users differentiate the most important comments out of 25-50 that they might be seeing within notifications at a quick glance? I'm asking this based on the feedback that I have received on a new instance I manage as Admin. Thanks for your inputs and suggestions. This is my first post to the community. -Nalin Nalin Vashistha Disney Studio Technology
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Nalin, Interesting question; thanks for posting it. I can suggest a few options to consider: Use Issues rather than comments, as the former include built-in priority and extendible custom data (etc.) which you could then easily report on Some people find it helpful to create a special "Important Comments" text field at the project, or task, or issue level and use it in leiu of a regular comment; that way, it's inline editable in a grid of such objects, too Other people prefer being able to rely on having every comment stored as a comment (eg for threading/context), and instead use rich text to embellish their comments...but at this time, those embellishments are not yet reportable (eg just plain text) Given that, one practical approach is to use conventions within the comments (eg CAPS, *** symbols, etc) to add special meaning Advanced users might then leverage such conventions via the Last Update object to "pluck off" a special comment (eg prefixed with NOTE~) and append it (along with the person and date) to a calculated Important Comments text box at the project, task, or issue level for further review or reporting And finally, adventurous users seeking to report on updates natively (via the Notes object) might choose to look up the term "Nessie DNA" in this community forum and - should they dare - contact me to about our solution to reactive it Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads