Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Assigning Requesters to Tasks

Level 1
Hello Everyone! Our corporation uses Workfront and is fairly strict on the license distribution. My division utilizes this tool for client requests as well as internal projects (roll-out campaigns, etc.) What's the rule of thumb with assigning a "requester" (a team member) while assigning myself (a project manager) to ensure the task gets "worked on" and completed? Our corporate Team frowns on me assigning someone that doesn't have the capability of "working on" a project in WF, even though my argument is that our team needs to hold themselves accountable for their role/responsibility in a project. Thoughts? Is there a better way?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Paloma, I agree with your approach and use it myself; in fact, going so far as to model equipment (in the Oil & Gas industry) as non-licensed Workfront Users with specialized Roles (e.g. Drill Well) attached to help ensure proper data quality. In my opinion, doing so provides enormous benefit from a reporting and clarity perspective. And in your case, taking the extra step of setting up requester licenses for such assignments expands the value of the data to an even wider audience. Through such exposure to that data (and Workfront's ease of use), Workfront, too, wins in the end when such requestor licensees graduate to (cost justifiably) a Work or Plan license. Everybody wins. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3
Hi Paloma: We do this all the time. We have a large number of requestor licences in use and of course, they are not able to modify tasks etc. But by being assigned to the task, they get visibility into that task; responding to updates, viewing documents etc etc. We just ensure that the co-assignee to their task marks their portion of the task complete so that WF is complete. Bill Gattinger ATB Financial

Level 4
We do this as well (we use the Reviewer role rather than Requestor as it is broader). We've also created dashboards on layout templates so when a Reviewer logs in they start with tasks due near term, issues assigned to them with last updates, longer term activities, documents for them to approve, etc. We use issues heavily as the reviewer can change statuses there so most of their interaction is on issues rather than tasks. It is very effective for those project team members who are only on one or two projects a year or only need to be involved in the requirements/UAT activities of projects. If they're going to be in workfront day in, day out, you should consider the paid license. Elizabeth Ross J Jill

Level 2
In addition to not able to modify the task information, the Requestor will not receive email notification when a task is assigned. I am not sure how to get around this without either manually tag the Requestor with a message or running a task report to show the assignments. Tien Nguyen Humana - Care Plus Health Plans

Level 10
Tien, you could put an approval process on the task. (It might be more trouble than it's worth) Basically set it up so that when a task is New it requires your requestor to approve. They'll get the email notification for that, but they would have to come into the task to acknowledge that they got it. On the other hand, it can be a handy way to know that they saw it (or if you coach them to click on "Approve" when they are done with the task, then it's an easy way to see when they are done.) -skye

Level 2
Thank you Skye... I thought about this, but it is so much more complicated ): We are new to Workfront and trying to keep it as simple as possible. Tien Nguyen Senior Enterprise Transformation Professional Car e Plus Health Plans 4925 Independence Pkwy. Ste 300 | Tampa, FL 33634 T 813 829 8300 Ext 1021263 C 813 767 0688 F 813 829 8000 E tnguyen8@humana.com CarePlusHealthPlans.com
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information. Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. English: ATTENTION: If you do not speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711). Español (Spanish): ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711). 繁體中文(Chinese):注意:如果您使用繁體中文,您可以免費獲得語言援助 服務。請致電 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711)。 Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole): ATANSION: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711). Polski (Polish): UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711). 한국어 (Korean): 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1‐877‐320‐1235 (TTY: 711)번으로 전화해 주십시오.