Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Are you able to edit an update after it’s posted?

Level 2

Are you able to edit an update you posted after it’s posted. For example, if I post something and realize I spelled something wrong or a word got autocorrected to a different word and I didn’t notice until after I hit post. I would want to go in and edit that word to make it correct.

I hit the menu button for the post but only see delete the comment as an option, not edit the comment. If I wanted to go in an edit that word do I have to copy the text from the update, delete the update, create a new update, paste the copy in, edit it then hit post again?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Workfront introduced the ability to edit a couple releases ago, but it's only good for a few seconds - then it's back to the copy > delete > readd.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Workfront introduced the ability to edit a couple releases ago, but it's only good for a few seconds - then it's back to the copy > delete > readd.

Level 1

Are there any plans to improve this functionality to be able to edit updates at any time?

Employee

Hi All,

I am glad to let you know that editing of the comment is now available in the new commenting stream beta experience that's available in production for an issue object, will be available on tasks/projects/documents with 23.3 release.

Feel free to test it out and provide your feedback!