Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Are there ways to show key flag indicators on gantt timeline other than Milestones?

Level 3
Does anyone know if it's possible to create a report that will achieve a high-level project timeline (one line) with gantt underneath of key phases? In addition to this, does anyone know if it's possible to add some type of visual flag along the timeline that calls out key dates apart from a Milestone? Our Milestone path only defines customer deliverables and not key dates for internal teams, so showing the project in gantt view is not useful to our CFT. I'm hoping someone can recommend a way to achieve a decent visual of the schedule timeline - that can highlight the phases but also show key due dates for internal teams along the way. Thanks all, Linden
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi: If the high level internal events are parent tasks in the project plan, try this: 1) To get a Gantt with a high level view, create a task report, select report settings, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Show Gantt View on the Details Tab”. That gives you a Gantt Chart; 2) If your high level tasks are at indent level 1, then create a filter that selects only tasks where TASK>>INDENT is Less than Equal to 1; If the internal events you want to put on a Gantt aren’t correlated to parentage, try this: · If you want to arbitrarily select which tasks in the project are of interest in a Gantt Chart, create a custom attribute (we call ours Standard Milestone and have a drop down list with things like “Go Live Event”). Then I can filter the Gantt and show all tasks with specific Standard Milestones like sponsor signoffs and all go live events. Is that a start towards what you’re looking for? Eric ________________________________

Level 10
Hi Linden. Our UberGantt add-in does what you need, and more. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Eric, I’ve finally had a chance to look into this and the results are much closer to what my project managers are trying to see. Thank you, Linden