Expand my Community achievements bar.

API Calculations

Level 3

I have been trying to turn one of my reports into an API Query string. However i have got to a sticking point as one on my columns has a WORKMINUTESDIFF calculation. Is there any way this can be calculated in an API query and the results returned? Essentially i have a filter that only returns a set amount of records, which i then need to calculate the WORKMINUTESDIFF for each and then i want to calculate the average of all WORKMINUTESDIFF that are returned.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jonathan,

Here's a primer on how to run /report queries via the API (including aggregate functions)...but as there's no mention of special Calculated Data Expressions (such as WORKMINUTESDIFF), the latter might only available via calculated custom parameters or calculated views.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug

I have read all there is to read (including that link) regarding using the report API function.

My issue is that i read things all over the internet about being able to use the API the same as you would build a report, but this doesn't appear to be the case for what i need :(

I don't really want to go down the road of introducing another field (as i already have extra fields to record the timestamps that i want to calculate the difference of). It wouldn't be so bad if i just wanted to perform a mathematical function, but in my case i need to use the Workfront schedule to make this calculation.

Thanks for the reply!