Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Anyone using External Users? If so - are you giving them tailored reports? Pls share

Level 10
Anyone using External Users? If so - are you giving them tailored reports? Pls share
10 Replies

Level 10
No, we’re not using External users. I don’t actually know what they are. I was only aware of reviewer and requester licenses, aside from the Plan and Work licenses. I know they deprecated Timesheet Only licenses some time back. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216606998-Access-Levels-by-License-Type Oh, there it is all by itself in a column on the right…duh. What are you using External Users for? I’m curious. Thanks, Eric

Level 7
We use Review and Request for External users. Sometimes we'll share a document with someone and use their email address to share it, which then creates an External User.

Level 10
I want to share a report with them and if needed allow them to upload missing documentation. However, external user is not working properly. I've been told to switch to reviewer/requester access level. Which I might given no option. However, I really would like to get the external user to work properly, if I can get some guidance on that - unless by design it is broken right now.

Level 10
Greg, I've been told to move to requestor/reviewer access levels. Unless external user access is broken - why have it? Requestor/reviewer - see too much of our project.

Level 7
Benetta, You can control what users can see. I'm not clear though on what your specific question is though.

Level 10
Greg, My question is how to share a report with an external user. They can see nothing, so using that access level is perfect. no restrictions needed - but i can't get it to work. Any help is appreciated.

Level 7
What is broken for external users. They should be able to VIEW Reports and Documents.

Level 10
Greg, As the system admin - i can not login as my test external user to ensure that they can run the report that I shared with them. When i logged in directly as them - that did not work either, because by design they do not need a login/password - so I just need to know some steps in how to communicate with an external user and how to give them access to a single report. etc ... hope this is clearer as I really need some guidance on this topic.

Level 10
Greg, ok. I think I got it figured out. I deleted the external user I had created in Workfront. Then I "ran" the report that I created. Afterwards, I now see an option to "send report" - I clicked that and entered the gmail or yahoo account. It was delivered properly. I did not realize that I needed to run the report first - then share it. Sorry for all my confusion. Back in business now.