Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Anyone know what controls the naming when popping out a document onto a new tab?

Level 5

When i open the document in a new tab the tab says Bank even though that is no where in the name of the document. Trying to figure out how to change the tab naming.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Ehm...that’s interesting, Michelle.

My understanding is that the browser sets the Favicon (and name) of the tab based on the website serving up the content, which in your case, is the document.

Now, the path to the actual document can be long and windy, with multiple repositories, api keys, fast-timeout temporary redirects, security tokens, and photo rotation detection (as @Kristy Musgrove‚ and I recently conquered; welcome back, Kristy).

My first guess is thar your path is landing you on documents stored in a platform (eg Amazon S3) thar somehow deems that your organization is “Bank” (to them), and therefor shows that Favicon and word on the tab.

My second guess is that my first guess is wrong, and that it’s something totally different.

Regards,

Doug

Level 5

thanks @Doug Den Hoed‚ ! @Michelle Bowden‚ I notice that the doc is being opened from a Document Report. If you open it from the documents tab on the object does it name the new tab differently?

Level 5

@Kristy Musgrove‚ the document opens the same if i open it directly on the object as well

Level 5

I think Doug might be right about it pulling the tab name from the where the doc is stored if not stored on the WF platform. Most of mine show either the Object ID or the file name when opened.